Fort walls at Gohad

This print was taken in 1869 by George Edward Herne and forms part of the Archaeological Survey of India Collections (India Office Series). The photograph, looking across Vaisali the river, shows the exterior fort walls at Gohad about 24 miles north-east of Gwalior. This ruined hill top fort was the seat of power of the Gujjar generals who governed from here until the end of the 17th century after the Mughal power declined.


Post a Comment